This day provides information on aspects of minor burn care, including:
- what is a minor burn?
- burns assessment and overview
- burn mechanisms
- wound management in adults and children
- factors impacting healing in both adults and children
- pain management
- skin substitutes
- social support for people with minor burns
- trauma app
Interactive workshops and discussion stations will include:
- cleaning and debriding, including blister management
- fixation and Retention methods
- digital photos and referral
- primary dressing selection
- scar management/ splinting/ positioning
Schedule to be advised.
This event is aimed at health professionals who treat patients with minor burn injuries
Please note event is now full.
We aim to have online access via Microsoft Teams for the first half of the day for those on the waitlist and those not wishing to travel. Unfortunately, it is not possible to link the small group sessions due to logistics. Please contact me if you would like to be included and I will send you the meeting invite when it is available.
Please note: Photographs taken at this event may be published by the ACI for internal and/or external promotion, education or research purposes. If you do not want your photograph to be taken, please notify our staff.