Centre for Healthcare Redesign
The Centre for Healthcare Redesign ( CHR ) provides capability development for the NSW Health workforce, enabling frontline staff to successfully redesign and improve service delivery across all aspects of the patient's journey.
The CHR has grown to include a number of functions including project management, change management and knowledge management. The CHR provides a range of services and resources including:
- CHR Graduate Certificate program
- Accelerating Implementation Methodology (AIM)
- Redesign and Innovation Leaders Network
- eLearning (Project Management, Redesign, AIM )
- Patient and Staff Experience
- Knowledge management and networking
- NSW Health started training staff in Redesign methodology through the CHR in August 2007
NSW Health started training staff in Redesign methodology through the CHR in August 2007.
The CHR provides redesign and project management training to support the Agency for Clinical Innovation’s ( ACI s) strategic goal as the ‘go to’ place for clinician and consumer led reform. Redesign projects provide enhanced healthcare outcomes through new ways of delivering better care for patients and carers.
The programs deliver increased capability in the healthcare system providing benefits for patients and staff and contribute to the healthcare Triple Aim:
- Better health outcomes
- Improved experience of care
- Reduced per capita cost of care
Examples and summaries of Redesign projects and innovative projects in healthcare are available through the Innovation Exchange.