Publications based on ITIM's data, research support or by ITIM members.
- Sarrami, Pooria, Patricia Lemin, Zsolt J. Balogh, Hardeep Singh, Hassan Assareh, Benjamin Hall, Christine Lassen et al. "Are highway constructions associated with increased transport incidents? A case study of NSW Pacific Highway construction zones 2011-16." Journal of Road Safety–Volume 32, no. 1 (2021).
- Peden, Amy E., Pooria Sarrami, Michael Dinh, Christine Lassen, Benjamin Hall, Hatem Alkhouri, Lovana Daniel, and Brian Burns. "Description and prediction of outcome of drowning patients in New South Wales, Australia: protocol for a data linkage study." BMJ open 11, no. 1 (2021): e042489.
- Curtis, Kate, Belinda Kennedy, Mary K. Lam, Rebecca J. Mitchell, Deborah Black, Brian Burns, Michael Dinh, and Andrew JA Holland. "Pathways and factors that influence time to definitive trauma care for injured children in New South Wales, Australia." Injury (2021).
- Curtis, Kate, Belinda Kennedy, Mary K. Lam, Rebecca J. Mitchell, Deborah Black, Brian Burns, Allan Loudfoot et al. "Prehospital care and transport costs of severely injured children in NSW Australia." Injury 51, no. 11 (2020): 2581-2587.
- Curtis K., Kennedy B., Lam M.K, Mitchell R.J., Black D., Burns B., Dinh M., Smith H. and Holland A.J.A. Emergency department management of severely injured children in NSW. Emergency Medicine Australasia. 2021; accepted for publication 5 May 2021.
- Dinh, Michael M., Hardeep Singh, Pooria Sarrami, and Jean-Frederic Levesque. "Correlating injury severity scores and major trauma volume using a state-wide in-patient administrative dataset linked to trauma registry data—A retrospective analysis from New South Wales Australia." Injury 51, no. 1 (2020): 109-113.
- Curtis, Kate, Belinda Kennedy, Mary K. Lam, Rebecca J. Mitchell, Deborah Black, Brian Burns, Leslie White et al. "Cause, treatment costs and 12-month functional outcomes of children with major injury in NSW, Australia." Injury 51, no. 9 (2020): 2066-2075.
- Curtis, Kate, Shizar Nahidi, Belinda Gabbe, Kirsten Vallmuur, Katherine Martin, Ramon Z. Shaban, and Grant Christey. "Identifying the priority challenges in trauma care delivery for Australian and New Zealand trauma clinicians." Injury 51, no. 9 (2020): 2053-2058.
- Curtis, Kate, Belinda Kennedy, Andrew JA Holland, Rebecca J. Mitchell, Gary Tall, Holly Smith, Soundappan SV Soundappan, Allan Loudfoot, Brian Burns, and Michael Dinh. "Determining the priorities for change in paediatric trauma care delivery in NSW, Australia." Australasian emergency care 23, no. 2 (2020): 97-104.
- Cameron, P. A., M. C. Fitzgerald, Kate Curtis, Emily McKie, Belinda Gabbe, Arul Earnest, Grant Christey et al. "Over view of major traumatic injury in Australia––Implications for trauma system design." Injury 51, no. 1 (2020): 114-121.
- Gomez, David, Pooria Sarrami, Hardeep Singh, Zsolt J. Balogh, Michael Dinh, and Jeremy Hsu. "External benchmarking of trauma services in New South Wales: Risk-adjusted mortality after moderate to severe injury from 2012 to 2016." injury 50, no. 1 (2019): 178-185.
- Curtis K, Kennedy B, Holland AJA, Tall G, Smith H, Soundappan SVS, Burns B, Mitchell RJ, Wilson K, Loudfoot A, Dinh M, Lyons T, Gillen T, Dickinson S. Identifying areas for improvement in paediatric trauma care in NSW Australia using a clinical, system and human factors peer-review tool. Injury.2019; 50(5):1089-1096
- Mitchell, Rebecca J., Testa Luke. Child injury surveillance capabilities in NSW: informing policy and practice. Public Health Res Pract. 2017;27(4):e2741734.
- Oliver, Matthew, Michael M. Dinh, Kate Curtis, Royce Paschkewitz, Oran Rigby, and Zsolt J. Balogh. "Trends in Procedures at Major Trauma Centres in New South Wales, Australia: An Analysis of State-Wide Trauma Data." World Journal of Surgery: 1-6.
- Curtis, Kate, Rebecca Mitchell, Amy McCarthy, Kellie Wilson, Connie Van, Belinda Kennedy, Gary Tall, Andrew Holland, Kim Foster, Stuart Dickinson, Henry Stelfox. "Development of the major trauma case review tool." Scandinavian Journal of Trauma, Resuscitation and Emergency Medicine (2017) 25:20
- Mitchell R. Curtis K. Testa L. Holland A. Soundappan SVS. Adams S. Differences in survival outcome for severely injured paediatric trauma by type of trauma centre. Pediatrics and Child Health. 2017: 53(8); 808-813
- Curtis, Kate, Amy McCarthy, Rebecca Mitchell, Deborah Black, Kim Foster, Stephen Jan, Brian Burns et al. "Paediatric trauma systems and their impact on the health outcomes of severely injured children: protocol for a mixed methods cohort study." Scandinavian journal of trauma, resuscitation and emergency medicine 24, no. 1 (2016): 69.
- Dinh, Michael M., Kate Curtis, Rebecca J. Mitchell, Kendall J. Bein, Zsolt J. Balogh, Ian Seppelt, Colin Deans, Rebecca Ivers, Saartje Berendsen Russell, and Oran Rigby. "Major trauma mortality in rural and metropolitan NSW, 2009-2014: a retrospective analysis of trauma registry data." Medical journal of Australia 205, no. 9 (2016): 403-407.
- Wu, Jane, Steven G. Faux, Ian Harris, Christopher J. Poulos, and Tara Alexander. "Record linkage is feasible with non‐identifiable trauma and rehabilitation datasets." Australian and New Zealand journal of public health 40, no. 3 (2016): 245-249.
- Wu, Jane, Steven G. Faux, Ian Harris, and Christopher J. Poulos. "Integration of trauma and rehabilitation services is the answer to more cost‐effective care." ANZ journal of surgery (2016).
- Garner, Alan A., Anna Lee, Andrew Weatherall, Mary Langcake, and Zsolt J. Balogh. "Physician staffed helicopter emergency medical service case identification-a before and after study in children." Scandinavian Journal of Trauma, Resuscitation and Emergency Medicine 24, no. 1 (2016): 92.
- Miu, Jenny, Kate Curtis, and Zsolt J. Balogh. "Profile of fall injury in the New South Wales older adult population." Australasian emergency nursing journal 19, no. 4 (2016): 179-185.
- Miu, Jenny, Michael M. Dinh, Kate Curtis, and Zsolt J. Balogh. "Ladder-related injuries in New South Wales." The Medical journal of Australia 204, no. 8 (2016): 302.
- Sarrami, Pooria, Rafael Ekmejian, Justine M. Naylor, Joseph Descallar, Robindro Chatterji, and Ian A. Harris. "Spine surgery outcome in patients who sought compensation after a motor vehicle accident: a retrospective cohort study." BMC surgery 16, no. 1 (2016): 76.
- Sarrami, Pooria, Elizabeth Armstrong, Justine M. Naylor, and Ian A. Harris. "Factors predicting outcome in whiplash injury: a systematic meta-review of prognostic factors." Journal of Orthopaedics and Traumatology (2016): 1-8.
- Ekmejian, Rafael, Pooria Sarrami, Justine M. Naylor, and Ian A. Harris. "A systematic review on the effectiveness of back protectors for motorcyclists." Scandinavian journal of trauma, resuscitation and emergency medicine 24, no. 1 (2016): 115.
- Sarrami, Pooria, Rafael Ekmejian, Justine M. Naylor, and Ian A. Harris. "Complications of vehicular-related injuries: a scoping review of literature." Archives of trauma research 6, no. 1 (2016).
- Rigby, Oran. "Re: Digital health technology and trauma: development of an app to standardize care." ANZ journal of surgery 85, no. 9 (2015): 693-693.
- Butcher, Nerida E., Catherine D’Este, and Zsolt J. Balogh. "The quest for a universal definition of polytrauma: A trauma registry-based validation study." Journal of trauma and acute care surgery 77.4 (2014): 620-623.
- Mitchell, Rebecca J., Kate Curtis, Shanley Chong, Andrew JA Holland, S. V. S. Soundappan, Kellie L. Wilson, and Daniel T. Cass. "Comparative analysis of trends in paediatric trauma outcomes in New South Wales, Australia." Injury 44, no. 1 (2013): 97-103.
- Mitchell, Rebecca J., Kate Curtis, Andrew JA Holland, Zsolt J. Balogh, Julie Evans, and Kellie L. Wilson. "Acute costs and predictors of higher treatment costs for major paediatric trauma in New South Wales, Australia." Journal of paediatrics and child health 49, no. 7 (2013): 557-563.
- Curtis K, Mitchell RJ, Chong SS, Balogh ZJ, Reed DJ, Clark PT, D’Amours S, Black DA, Langcake ME, Taylor CJ, McDougall PA, Cameron PA. Injury trends and mortality in severely injured adults in NSW. Medical Journal of Australia. 2012; 197(4): 233-7.