Investing in our
We pride ourselves on our inclusive, diverse and fair workforce. We have invested time in listening to our staff, so we understand what is working well and where we can improve.
A flexible and agile workforce
The ACI deployed a significant number of staff to vaccination centres, the Public Health Response Branch, the State Health Emergency Operations Centre and the Critical Intelligence Unit to support the system response to COVID-19. This is all while continuing to deliver important initiatives.
“All staff should be acknowledged for their agility and flexibility to support our COVID-19 response. This has paved the way for the adoption of new ways of working beyond the pandemic.”
Dr Jean-Frederic Levesque, Chief Executive
Celebrating our diversity
The ACI recognises and celebrates its staff from diverse backgrounds. We are proud of our inclusive culture and we are committed to becoming a culturally-competent organisation.
- Our Aboriginal Cultural Capability Advocates group are progressing initiatives to improve the experiences of working with Aboriginal communities.
- We continue to develop processes that align with our Statement of Commitment, Framework for working effectively with Aboriginal People, and our Aboriginal Employment Strategy.
Our Rainbow Working Group has developed a work plan that includes:
- benchmarking and reporting on LGBTIQ+ inclusion
- staff and leadership training and events for LGBTIQ+ days of significance
- building connections with LGBTIQ+ networks across the NSW public service.
Responding to staff feedback
The 2021 People Matter Employee Survey results showed improvements in every question compared to the previous 2019 survey. Key highlights:
- Employee engagement score of 75; an increase of 10%.
- Significant improvements in senior manager scores; up 29%.
- Maintaining very high satisfaction with flexible working.
- Job purpose and enrichment is at 92%.
Staff development programs
The ACI has developed and implemented programs throughout 2020-2021, designed to attract, develop and retain our talented teams. These include:
- piloting Flexible Working Guidelines
- embedding a Reward and Recognition Framework
- improving our Performance and Talent review system
- developing a 'Learning pathway' with recommended courses and learning opportunities
- renewing our onboarding program.