Consumer Enablement Spotlight Series
The Consumer Enablement Spotlight Series is an online webinar that aims to shine a light on different consumer enablement interventions or approaches.
At each webinar a different intervention or approach is highlighted, with guest speakers invited to present on the theory behind the intervention or technique, best practice examples, and insights into successful application.
The upcoming Spotlight Series will focus on effective communication to support consumer enablement.
What is consumer enablement?
Consumer enablement is the extent to which people understand their health conditions and have the confidence, skills, knowledge and ability to manage their health and wellbeing. There are a number of ways we can help people become true partners in their own care, working in collaboration with health professionals to understand their health, manage their symptoms and navigate a complex health system.
To learn more about consumer enablement visit the Consumer Enablement Guide
The Spotlight Series Webinars are open to anyone interested in consumer enablement and wanting to learn more about approaches and interventions that guide enablement and improve self-management outcomes. We encourage all clinicians and their managers across the state, government, non-government or private organisations with an interest in consumer enablement to connect.
How to join
The live stream will be available for NSW Health staff to join using your Stafflink login and password
Click on the following link to join the live stream:
Guests joining from outside NSW Health please use the Pexip Videoconference desktop computer or laptop details below.
Desktop computer or laptop (including meeting room computers)
- Copy and paste the link below into the Chrome Browser or if Chrome is your default browser just click on the link: https://conference.meet.health.nsw.gov.au/webapp/#/?conference=4285741
- Click the green Join button (no PIN needed)
- At the bottom of screen click the icon to turn your microphone off, and your camera too if you wish (hover your mouse in the middle of the bottom of the screen to make the control icons appear and hover over individual icons to see what they do)
NSW Health room based video conferencing
- Local Health Districts and internal NSW Health video conferencing endpoints can dial into the meeting by dialling: 4285741
Due to limits on the number of people that can be dialled into the virtual meeting room at one time, participants joining via videoconference are encouraged to book a room at their workplace and watch the webinar with colleagues. This will help to reduce the number of individual logins, freeing up space in the virtual meeting room.
- You can join the webinar via phone by dialling: 02 9842 2500 and entering this pin: 4285741#
- This will be audio only, you will not be able to see the presentations.
- If you have poor audio on your computer you can use the computer for visual and phone in separately for audio. However you must ensure both your phone and computer are on mute to avoid feedback and background noise interference.